Welcome to django-inspectional-registration’s documentation!¶
- Alisue <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Supported python versions
- 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
- Supported django versions
- 1.3 - 1.7
django-inspectional-registration is a enhanced application of django-registration. The following features are available
- Inspection steps for registration. You can accept or reject the account registration before sending activation key to the user.
- Password will be filled in after the activation step to prevent that the user forget them previously filled password in registration step (No password filling in registration step)
- Password can be generated programatically and force to activate the user. The generated password will be sent to the user by e-mail.
- Any Django models are available to use as supplemental information of
registration if the models are subclasses of
registration.supplements.RegistrationSupplementBase. It is commonly used for inspection.
- You can send any additional messages to the user in each steps (acceptance, rejection and activation)
- The behaviors of the application are customizable with Backend feature.
- The E-mails or HTMLs are customizable with Django template system.
- Can be migrate from django-registration simply by south
- django-mailer compatible.
Emails sent from the application will use django-mailer if ‘mailer’ is
- Quick Tutorial
- Quick Migrations
- About Registration Supplement
- About Registration Backend
- About Registration Templates
- About Registration Signals
- About Registration Settings
- About Registration Contributions
- API Reference
The difference between django-registration¶
While django-registration requires 3 steps for registration, django-inspectional-registration requires 5 steps and inspector for registration. See the conceptual summary below.
You can compile the latest message files with the following command
$ python setup.py compile_messages
The command above is automatically called before
sdist command if you call
python manage.py sdist.
Because of an issue#24, django-inspectional-registration add the following three new options.
REGISTRATION_DJANGO_AUTH_URLS_ENABLEIf it is
False, django-inspectional-registration do not define the views of django.contrib.auth. It is required to define these view manually. (Default:
REGISTRATION_DJANGO_AUTH_URL_NAMES_PREFIXIt is used as a prefix string of view names of django.contrib.auth. For backward compatibility, set this value to
REGISTRATION_DJANGO_AUTH_URL_NAMES_SUFFIXIt is used as a suffix string of view names of django.contrib.auth. For backward compatibility, set this value to
This changes were introduced from version 0.4.0, to keep the backward compatibility, write the following in your settings module.
REGISTRATION_DJANGO_AUTH_URLS_ENABLE = True REGISTRATION_DJANGO_AUTH_URL_NAMES_PREFIX = 'auth_' REGISTRATION_DJANGO_AUTH_URL_NAMES_SUFFIX = ''